Article Nov 12, 2016

You are no longer passing

Michael Buble's three-year-old son Noah battling cancer

Michael Buble's three-year-old son Noah has been diagnosed with cancer.

Michael and model wife Luisana Lopilato confirmed their son's health battle in a statement posted on the singer's Facebook page after it was first published in Argentinian publication La Nacion on Wednesday (03Nov16).

“We are devastated about the recent cancer diagnosis of our oldest son Noah who is currently undergoing treatment in the US," the statement read. "We have always been very vocal about the importance of family and the love we have for our children. Luisana and I have put our careers on hold in order to devote all our time and attention to helping Noah get well.

"At this difficult time, we ask only for your prayers and respect for our privacy. We have a long journey in front of us and hope that with the support of family, friends and fans around the world, we will win this battle, God willing.”

According to La Nacion, Luisana, born in Argentina, had to travel to the U.S. due to concerns surrounding Noah's health. It is believed she had been in Buenos Aires with Noah and the couple's youngest son, nine-month-old Elias. Michael divides his time between Buenos Aires and his home country of Canada, but is believed to have traveled to America as soon as Luisana alerted him to Noah's illness.

The newspaper reports that while doctors initially thought Noah was suffering from mumps (a contagious viral infection), it was then discovered he was battling cancer. As yet, no further details have been shared about the type of cancer he has developed.

Michael and Luisana's families are now believed to be en route to the States to support them during this difficult time.

This isn't the first health battle Noah has had in his short life.

When the tot was 22 months old, he was admitted to hospital for burns, after coming into contact with scalding water. He was rushed to Hospital Aleman in Buenos Aires, Argentina, for treatment.

After the incident, Luisana posted on Facebook: "Thank you all for joining me even in these moments! My son is very well. God willing soon we will return home."

She later told Argentinian magazine Luz: "At one point the doctors told me they'd have to do skin grafts but thank God it started healing little by little. For a long time he has to use elastic bands pressed tight so he's not left with scars."