Ryan Seacrest insists Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are doing great since the rapper's recent hospitalization.
The Stronger rapper was admitted last month (Nov16) for a mental evaluation after his reportedly erratic behaviour caused concern for his health.
His Saint Pablo Tour was cancelled, and Kanye spent the Thanksgiving holiday at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center. The 39-year-old was released on Wednesday (30Nov16), and will be under the care of his personal physician, Dr. Michael Farzam.
Seacrest, who is the executive producer of Keeping Up with the Kardashians and a close family friend, said Kanye and wife Kim Kardashian are doing well.
“I’ve spoken to Kim. I’ve not spoken to Kanye, but I think that things are going better now,” he told People.com on Friday (02Dec16).
And despite Kanye's health issues, Seacrest revealed it has not affected filming for the hit reality TV show, with only Kim's armed robbery in Paris in October (16) stopping the cameras from rolling. "There have been some reports that we halted production. We did stop for a little bit, briefly, after the Paris incident, but since then we’ve been back in full production,” he clarified. “We’re shooting season 13."
Kanye has reportedly been released from UCLA’s Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital and is said to be living apart from his wife Kim and their two children, North, three, and Saint, 11 months, while he receives outpatient care.
Editors at TMZ.com report the rapper's breakdown was due to him not taking his medication correctly. The after-effects of the Paris robbery, during which wife Kim was tied up and robbed of millions of dollars worth of jewellery at gunpoint, is reportedly what led to Kanye not taking the correct dosage of meds leading to his eventual hospitalisation, the website reports.
Kim has retreated from the limelight since the traumatic robbery, taking a break from social media and red carpet events.