Updated January 2016
No PopCarpet.com services are directed to children under 13. Federal law requires that PopCarpet.com may not collect any personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you may not register for any PopCarpet.com services or provide any of your personal information to PopCarpet.com .
What Information We Collect and For What Purposes
To most effectively offer our services, we may collect information from you in the following ways:
- Server Log Information. Our servers automatically log certain basic technical information when a user accesses the website, which may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browsers request to the PopCarpet.com server, the date and time of the request, the language and type of browser you use, the referring web page, your computers operating system, and any PopCarpet.com cookies associated with your browser.
- Communications From You to Us. If you send correspondence or email to us or otherwise communicate with us, we may retain copies of the communications to assist you or for our records.
- Demographic Data. We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms) including your age range, gender, location, and interests.
- To assist the technical support of our system
- To maintain and improve the quality of our services through auditing, research and analysis
- To develop new services or enhance existing service.
- To communicate with you or respond to a request.
- To better understand, market to and serve our membership.
- To protect the rights of property or safety of PopCarpet.com or its members.
- To run contests or giveaways. We may run contests on our sites in which we ask visitors for contact information (such as their name and email address) and demographic information (such as their zip code or foreign postal area). The users contact information is used to contact the user when necessary, such as if they win a contest or to notify users of upcoming contests.
Information You Reveal to the PopCarpet.com or Publish or Post is Public
Any information you contribute as a comment to an article or feature on PopCarpet.com is public. Once you post information as a comment, PopCarpet.com cannot prevent others from reviewing it.
NOTICE: CALIFORNIA MINORS (CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS UNDER AGE 18)
If you are a California resident under age 18 you may request PopCarpet.com remove comments previously posted by you from public view on PopCarpet.com. If youd like to request removal of a comment, please email email@example.com with the following information: the URL where the content exists and the exact content you would like to remove. Please include request for removal in the subject of the email.
Where Information is Processed
PopCarpet.com processes personal information on the secure servers of a hosting service located in the United States of America.
Sharing of Information
PopCarpet.com will not share your personal information with third parties unless:
- You give consent.
- We believe in good faith that use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: (1) detect or prevent fraud or security issues; (2) comply with any law, regulation, legal process or government order; (3) protect the rights of property or safety of PopCarpet.com or its members; or (4) to enforce PopCarpets website policies or investigate potential violations thereof.
Use of Non-Personal Information
PopCarpet.com may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated demographic data that will not identify you or anyone personally, such as the number of users who viewed a particular page in a given time-period, or geographic statistics about our members. Ads appearing on this web site are displayed on your screen by either (a) one of our web advertising partners or (b) by us. Information about your visit to this site, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad, your browser, the type of computer operating system you use, and whether or not you responded to the ad delivered, (but not your name, address, phone number or other personally identifying information), is used to serve advertisements to your screen. We may use your zip code or geographical location information to serve appropriate advertisements. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. We may also use third party advertisements placed by ad networks to support our Site. Some of these advertisers and ad networks may use your zip code or geographic location and technology including, but not limited to, cookies or web beacons when they advertise on our Site. These advertisers and ad networks may collect and use the non-personal information described above to provide you with relevant advertisements based on your online behavior, activities on our Site and other third party sites, demographic information, or information relevant to your general location so that the advertising you see on our Site more closely reflects your interests. If you would like more information about this practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, please click here.
Any of your personal information that is stored is kept securely on servers maintained by PopCarpet.com s hosting provider Industry-standard encryption technologies are used when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site, which encrypts information you input, except for domain name data. You are solely responsible for the confidentiality of your password, if any. We suggest you do not share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, PopCarpet.com cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
Mergers or Acquisitions
It is not PopCarpet.com s practice to disclose your personal information to any third parties that use your information for direct marketing purposes. However, as required by California law, upon letter or email request by any California resident with whom PopCarpet.com has an established business relationship, PopCarpet.com will disclose to you each instance, if any, in the immediately preceding calendar year in which PopCarpet.com disclosed your personal information to a third party that PopCarpet.com knows or has reason to know used your personal information for direct marketing purposes. See California Civil Code § 1798.83.
Please address such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Choice / Opt-Out
Users of our site may opt out of their information being (1) disclosed to third parties; or (2) used for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by a user. To opt-out, please submit your request to email@example.com
Sensitive personal information will never be disclosed to third parties or used for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by a user, unless you expressly grant permission for the use.
Third Party Collection of Information
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.